Friday, May 18, 2012

Lemon Spaghetti



There are 3 things that I always have in my house.....Spaghetti, Parmesan and Lemons. For some reason lemons are my thing that I always seem to buy when I don't need them then end up with an entire bowlful, so this dish is the perfect way to use them up. It's also an ideal meal for warmer days when you still want something satisfying to eat but with all the light and fresh flavours of the season. Even better it takes no time to make so it really is the perfect mid-week meal to enjoy whilst sitting outside basking in the sun as it cools in the evening. This is real happy, sunshine food!


{Serves 4}

400g Spaghetti
2 juicy lemons
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 tbsp Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Small handful of fresh basil, chopped
Maldon sea salt & pepper to serve

Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions until it is al dente or to your liking.

While the spaghetti is cooking make the sauce.

Zest 1 lemon and place the zest in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice of the lemons into the serving bowl, then add a good pinch of Maldon sea salt and stir to dissolve. Using a fork or small whisk, mix in the olive oil, though don’t over whisk as it will emulsify and become very thick – you want this to stay light and thin. Grate 4 tbsp of parmesan into the sauce and again stir.

When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and add directly to your serving bowl with approximately 1-2 tbsp of the cooking water. Toss well then sprinkle with the basil and some more parmesan. Serve immediately.

*Want something more substantial? Try adding some left-over shredded chicken or some cooked, peeled prawns.


6 comments:

  1. That looks lovely and light. Something I would make and eat an entire quart of! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thank you so much for following Carole's Chatter. I am now following you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fabulous and summery. I love pasta so much and now I can't think of anything I would rather have for lunch except this

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely quick & easy recipe, I love pasta so much! must try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just to let you know that I added this post to StumbleUpon for you. Someone did this for my corned beef post and its page views just shot up exponentiallly. I hope that works for you too.
    If it does, and you want to, you could like one of my posts that you liked in StumbleUpon too – but you do have to register with them (it's free) and then download their toolbar – probably too much hassle.
    Thanks for following Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...